Installation / Upgrading
# Option 1: Composer
Composer is a simple, straight forward installation. Simply run the following command from your project root:
composer require flipboxfactory/saml-sp
# Option 2: Plugin Store
Within your Craft CMS project admin panel, navigate to the 'Plugin Store' and search for
SAML SSO Service Provider. Installation is a button click away.
Once the plugin is installed, head over to configure the plugin.
# Upgrading to 2.0
There are a lot of breaking changes in 2.0. Upgrading is seamless if there is not any custom code that hooks into the SAML SP plugin.
# When Changes are Needed
You will need to refactor some of the code if you are doing any of the following:
- Hooking into the plugin with Craft/Yii2 Events. See a list of the events.
- Are using callables/anonymous functions with the
- Have any references to lightsaml/lightsaml (opens new window) package. We have switch from using this package to using simplesamlphp/saml2 (opens new window)
LightSaml within your project to find items that need to be refactored.
# Be Diligent with this Upgrade!
- Backup the production database
- Test the upgrade on a dev instance
- Test Login/SSO and Logout/SLO (if logout is used)